Sweet and Sour Sauce Chinese Chicken Balls Recipe
Chinese Chicken Balls are chicken pieces coated with flour batter then fried and served with a sweet and sour sauce which is generally made from soy sauce, vinegar, and pineapple juice. But if you don’t have pineapple juice, you can just use water for the soy sauce and vinegar mixture but the texture is a bit runny and the taste won’t be the same.
Chinese chicken balls are often found in almost all Chinese restaurants around the world. To make it yourself is not difficult, it’s just that it takes longer because we have to make it into two parts. Namely to make the chicken flour and sweet and sour sauce.
But you don’t need to worry, because we will help you by giving the Chinese Chicken Balls recipe with sweet and sour sauce.
Here Are Ingredients And Instructions To Make Sweet and Sour Sauce Chinese Chicken Balls
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/3 cups cold water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
#Sweet and Sour Sauce
- ¾ cup unsweetened pineapple juice (or water)
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
Let’s Make Chinese Chicken Balls With Sweet and Sour Sauce:
- Get a large bowl and fill it with flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and garlic powder. Add water and sesame oil and beat until smooth.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix well to coat the chicken with the dough.
- Heat oil in a frying pan to 375 degrees F. Gradually fry the flour-wrapped chicken pieces until golden brown and fully cooked. Usually about 5-6 minutes.
- Drain the cooked chicken on a plate lined with paper towels or something to soak the chicken oil.
- While waiting for the chicken that was drained, you should make a sweet and sour sauce.
#Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Prepare a medium-sized saucepan, then mix all the prepared sauces such as tomato sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Then, in a cup, beat the pineapple juice or water with 3 tablespoons of cornstarch until smooth. After being shaken, mix it into the tomato sauce mixture in the pan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly over medium-high heat until the sauce looks bubbly. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature to serve.
Serve immediately the chicken that was made with sweet and sour sauce. You can dip it by placing the sauce in a small bowl or you can pour it directly on top of the chicken. And I think Sweet and Sour Sauce Chinese Chicken Balls are suitable to be accompanied by pineapple juice drinks, especially when the weather is hot. Enjoy.
Easy and fun isn’t it. I hope the article was inspiring. Don’t forget to try another recipe from us.