Delicious And Creamy Coconut Cream Pie Recipe In Only 5 Steps
Coconut Cream Pie is a great snack or it can also be used as a delicious and creamy dessert. The savory taste of coconut and pie combined with the sweetness of the cream will make anyone intrigued to taste it immediately.
Cream Pie is a kind of pie filled with a pudding made from milk, cream, sugar, wheat flour, and eggs. In addition, usually many people add whipped cream topping on top. These foods are available in many forms, including vanilla, lemon, lime, peanut butter, banana, coconut, and chocolate.
One crust pie, meaning that the crust covers the bottom and sides but not the top. The crust may be a standard pie crust made with pastries or graham crackers for a savory pie. Another recipe for crust pie is Coconut Cream Pie which uses coconut as an ingredient to make it more savory.
Well, what if we just made Coconut Cream Pie, then you are even more curious.
Coconut Cream Pie
• 4 egg yolks
• 1 baked pie shell (9-inch)
• 14 ounces of coconut milk
• 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
• 2 cups heavy whipping cream or cold heavy cream
• 1 cup half-and-half
• ½ cup granulated sugar or confectioners’ sugar
• 1/4 cup cornstarch or all-purpose flour
• 2 tbsp unsalted butter
• 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
• ½ tsp coconut extract
• 1/4 tsp salt
1. Combine the egg yolk and cornstarch. Beat until combined. Add coconut milk, half-and-half, granulated sugar, and salt together in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for 2 minutes or until the mixture turns into pudding. Stir it occasionally so it doesn’t burn.
2. Remove the pan and let it cool slightly. Then add butter, sweetened flaked coconut, and vanilla extract, stirring until combined.
4. pour batter into baked pie shell. Refrigerate at least 4 hours / overnight or until dough becomes firm.
5. Spread whipped cream evenly over the pie and sprinkle with toasted coconut before serving. You can also add some white chocolate shavings if you like.
Creamy and delicious Coconut Cream Pie is ready to serve. Don’t forget to enjoy it with the Mai Tai Cocktail.
Good luck and hopefully inspire.