Simple And Easy Ice Matcha Green Tea Latte Recipe
Drinks with matcha and green tea flavors are currently popular. Some cafes or teahouses often mix it with added sugar, milk, or other mixed ingredients as an appetizer.
Drinks that use these two ingredients are not only delicious but also much healthier. This is because green tea leaves that have become matcha contain high levels of antioxidants so that they can help reduce various risks of health problems such as total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, triglycerides, sugar levels, lose weight and reduce stress.
What Is Matcha And Green Tea?
Matcha and Green Tea are tea leaves that come from the same plant, namely Camellia sinensis.
Green Tea itself is green tea leaves that are processed through a drying process. The tea leaves that are processed into green tea are usually of the Sencha type. Green Tea is in the form of tea leaves.
Meanwhile, Matcha is a fine powder made from processed green tea leaves. The tea leaves that are processed into matcha are usually of the Tencha type.
Well, for those of you who are even more confused, here are the differences between Matcha and Green Tea:
Green Tea :
- After pounding it, usually, green tea will have a different color than matcha
- When brewed, green tea is transparent yellow like tea in general and usually still leaves the pulp
- The taste of green tea is a little like seaweed. Once drunk, green tea will leave a sour and bitter taste on the tongue. However, the taste of green tea tends to be mild
- When brewed, matcha will not leave pulp, because matcha is a fine powder that will dissolve completely when brewed. The matcha color will look darker
- Matcha has a thicker taste
Ingredients Ice Matcha Green Tea Latte:
1-2 tsp organic matcha powder
1-2 tsp honey (or a natural sweetener like agave)
1-2 tbsp hot water
1 cup almond milk
How To Make Ice Matcha Green Tea Latte:
Prepare a small bowl, or you can also use jars or a medium-sized glass to mix the matcha into a paste. Then add 1-2 tsp of matcha powder and enough hot water (about 1-2 tbsp).
Mix well. You should beat them in a circular and zigzag formation until they are completely dissolved and smooth. You can use a bamboo whisk or spoon
Then, in another glass filled with ice cubes, pour 1 cup of almond milk, add a natural sweetener of your choices such as honey or agave then slowly pour your matcha into the glass. Stir with a spoon.
Wow, how about guys, it’s easy and not really simple to make this Ice Matcha Green Tea Latte.
Okay, I hope the article about Ice Matcha Green Tea Latte was inspiring. Don’t forget to try another recipe from us.