Homemade Coleslaw Recipe To Dinner (KFC Coleslaw Copycat)
KFC Coleslaw is the name of a type of salad with a crunchy texture. This salad is usually served as an appetizer menu or a side menu for the main meal and is usually used as a complement to bread or burger dishes at fast-food restaurants such as KFC. This salad itself has been known since the 20th century.
Coleslaw generally consists of finely shaved carrots and cabbage then mixed with dressing in the form of olive oil and vinegar. But now coleslaw is made from red cabbage shavings, chopped onions, pineapple, apples, and grated cheese. Sometimes also served with mayonnaise that has been mixed with mustard.
Coleslaw which uses olive oil and vinegar as a sauce is quite healthy because it doesn’t contain excess fat. In contrast to coleslaw which uses mayonnaise as a sauce. The addition of mayonnaise will provide additional fat consumption.
So, to enjoy Homemade KFC Coleslaw, you don’t have to bother coming to a restaurant. Because we will provide the recipe for you.
Homemade Coleslaw Recipe
What Coleslaw Ingredients You Will Need:
• 1 medium carrot
• 4-8 cups shredded then diced cabbage
• ½ cup mayonnaise
• ¼ cup buttermilk
• ¼ cup whole milk or low-fat
• 1/3 cup granulated sugar
• 3 tbsp lemon juice
• 2 tbsp white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
• 2 tbsp grated onions
• ½ tsp salt
• ¼ tsp white pepper or black pepper
Let’s Make Coleslaw:
1. Prepare a large bowl. Add the cabbage, carrots, and onions. Stir well.
2. Prepare a second bowl, add all the ingredients and spices such as mayonnaise, buttermilk, milk, lemon juice, sugar, white vinegar or apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir until all the spices are well combined and become a sauce.
3. Pour the sauce over the cabbage, carrot, and onion mixture. Stir again until everything is well blended. Leave it in the refrigerator for 4-8 hours or overnight.
And Homemade KFC Coleslaw is ready to be served. Don’t forget to enjoy it with fresh drinks like the Caribbean Rum Punch.