Root Beer Funnel Cake Recipe
Root Beer Funnel Cake is a dish made of flour, salt, baking soda, cream of tartar, and granulated sugar mixed with egg and root beer which is beaten together which is then fried and hot oil and served with a sprinkling of sugar and berries. This recipe is another variation on the popular Funnel Cake recipe.
What Is Funnel Cake?
Funnel Cake is a popular regional food in North America that is usually present at carnivals and exhibitions or other events. Funnel cakes are made by pouring the batter through a funnel into hot cooking oil in a circular pattern and frying the overlapping parts until they are golden brown. Funnel cakes are usually served plain with powdered sugar but can also be served with jam or jelly, cinnamon, chocolate, fresh fruit, or other toppings.
Funnel cakes originate in the early medieval Persian world, where a similar yeast dish was first prepared which later spread to Europe. Dutch immigrants from Pennsylvania brought a yeast dish known as Drechderkuche to America around 1879. They developed a version of baking powder along with its new name, Funnel Cake.
There are many variations of the funnel cake recipe, such as the Root Beer Funnel Cake. Here’s the recipe for you.
Ingredients That Must Be Prepared:
Cream of Tartar
Root Beer Extract
Well, let’s just make it.
Root Beer Funnel CakeCourse: Appetizers, Dessert
4medium funnel cakes
Root Beer Funnel Cake is a dish made of flour, salt, baking soda, cream of tartar, and granulated sugar mixed with egg and root beer which is beaten together which is then fried and hot oil and served with a sprinkling of sugar and berries.
1 large egg
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup root beer
2 tablespoon granulated sugar
½ teaspoon cream of tartar
¼ teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
Vegetable oil for frying
Fresh berries for garnish
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 tablespoon whole milk
¼ teaspoon root beer extract
- Heat some vegetable oil to 375 ° F over medium-high heat.
- Beat the egg and root beer together in a cup.
- Put the flour, salt, baking soda, cream of tartar, and granulated sugar in a large bowl. Stir well. Add the beaten egg and rootbeer mixture and beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Hold your finger at the bottom of a large kitchen funnel with a ½ inch diameter spout and pour 1/4 cup of dough into the funnel. Hold the funnel in the center of the pan, lift your fingers, and in a circular motion starting at the center, let the dough spiral into a tight or free-form in the hot oil. Fry until the funnel cake is light brown on one side, then gently flip it over using a pancake turner and fry on the other side until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels. Repeat until the dough runs out.
- While waiting for the oil to absorb paper towels. We make the glaze. Put the powdered sugar, root beer extract, and whole milk into a small bowl. Beat until smooth. and drizzle over each funnel cake, then sprinkle with more candied sugar. Finally, decorate with fresh berries. And the Root Beer Funnel Cake is ready to be enjoyed.
Enjoy the Root Beer Funnel Cake along with the Cranberry Fizz Mocktail.