Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes For Perfect Lunch
Scalloped Potatoes are a dish of potato wedges grilled with bacon and mixed with milk or cream-based sauce and topped with cheese or breadcrumbs. This dish is perfect to eat at lunch because it will make us full.
Well, usually the potatoes used are a kind of russet or Yukon gold potato. Moreover, Yukon potatoes have a buttery taste and are good because they have thinner skins so you don’t have to peel them. While the sauce is made from a mixture of flour and butter. Another name is Roux, which is a white sauce commonly used for cooking potatoes.
Now, making Scalloped Potatoes can be said to be tricky, because it requires patience and patience in making them. Here we provide a Scalloped Potatoes recipe for you to try.
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
• 8-12 slices bacon cooked
• 3 pounds sliced potatoes (use Yukon or russet and wedges around 1/4-inch)
• 3 cups whole milk or low-fat
• ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
• 1 cup chopped onion
• ¼ cup chopped chives
• 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• ½ tsp salt or to taste
• ½ tsp pepper or to taste (white or black)
1. preheat oven to 425 F degrees.
2. Prepare a large bowl, add the potatoes and olive oil and mix until blended and so that the potatoes do not stick.
3. Prepare a large baking sheet and spread the potato dough in layers evenly. Then bake the potatoes for 20 to 25 minutes or until the potatoes start to brown and look tender.
4. On the other hand, prepare a medium-sized skillet, add the cooked bacon, onion, flour, salt, and pepper to taste and mix all the ingredients well. Then add milk, stir again and leave for 3 to 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens and bubbles.
5. Remove the potatoes from the oven when they are cooked.
6. Transfer the potatoes to the greased baking sheet (about half the dough that was made earlier). Then pour the sauce over the potatoes and sprinkle with bacon, cheese, and chives. Bake again for 5 minutes. Remove and let stand for 10 minutes or the dish is slightly cool.
7. Garnish with the rest of the chives.
Enjoy delicious and filling dishes like these cheesy Scalloped Potatoes accompanied by the fresh and delicious Homemade Starbuck Pink Drink.